• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Opinions please, partial or crowns??

A

AbbyH85

I currently have a partial denture for my 2 canines and left front tooth. I need extensive work done to the other front tooth and the 2 teeth next to my canines due to issues with fillings breaking down. I'm looking at probably 5,000$ to do crowns and root canals on them.

My delima is, My partial does not match right it never has looked right with my natural teeth. I am strongly considering just getting the other 3 teeth pulled and using a partial for my 6 top front teeth. I'm so tired of looking awful and at this point and since I have had nothing but problems with my top teeth, I figure just get rid of them.

This is not as big of a decision for me since I'm already super comfortable with my acrylic partial. I have had one since I was 17. I'm 27 now.

So what do you all think? Spend a boat load of $ to try and save the teeth? Or just go ahead with a larger partial denture?

Thanks!

Just looking for insight and opinions.

I have answered your other thread and so to keep this short while you go over to your other one, have the crowns it is always better to keep your own teeth if you can.

Back