• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral surgery appointment next Friday and beyond frightened

Z

zombiegroupie

I have a broken to the gumline tooth (it had been filled already before) and it needs to come out. I have to go see an oral surgeon because the root has to be removed. Apparently I have long roots and what he said about the procedure and what I saw on google is terrifying!

It's an upper tooth so thankfully I hope my whole face won't be numb. but I'm so scared anyway. I really want to make myself keep the appointment but every time I think about it I want to break down.

I have some other teeth that need work too :(

I have a root canal tooth that fractured at the gum line and the oral surgeon will have to remove the remaining tooth and root. I think he's going to have cut through my gum and then put stitches and I am really scared. I will keep you updated on what happens since mine is 2 days earlier than yours. I am terribly terrified too! I will have it done with local only.

Last edited:
Me too. This dentist doesn't like to use IV sedation I guess. I don't take pills usually so I'll be awake :(

For me it's good this way. I would then be scared of something going wrong with the IV sedation, so less worries!

Back