M
MolarMolly
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 13, 2013
- Messages
- 3
- Location
- USA
Hello!
I posted a question on another section of this forum, but no one responded. I wondered if I posted it in the wrong place? I have tremendous fear of going to the dentist, though I do go. I had an extraction last year and was utterly terrified, but got through it. I'm now concerned about the area feeling some pain. Here is what I posted:
Hello. It's been a year since I had my upper molar extracted. The one in the very back (forgot what number it is). The oral surgeon did a bone graft at the time of the extraction because I'd said I'd come back in a few months and get the ball rolling for an implant. But ... health matters intervened, and I ended up not doing the implant. Until the last couple of weeks I have not been aware of any problems with the big gaping "hole" where the molar was. Except I'm often aware there's a gaping hole. But no pain. Lately, though, I get a lot of sensitivity slash pain (not sure, but it's a funky feeling) when something cold comes into contact with the area. Funny thing is, I can't figure out exactly if it's the actual hole or the gum area next to it, near the tooth next to it, that's giving me this funky feeling. Does this sound common? Can anyone shed any light on what this might be? I did see the oral surgeon for his "complimentary" two-week checkup after the extraction. Haven't been in touch since. I have had two visits with my regular dentist for routine cleanings. Dread any dental work at all right now, especially if it's an extraction gone bad (whatever that means) as I am only a few months out from hip replacement surgery and kind of worried about an infection. Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this.
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what they think. Thanks very much!
I posted a question on another section of this forum, but no one responded. I wondered if I posted it in the wrong place? I have tremendous fear of going to the dentist, though I do go. I had an extraction last year and was utterly terrified, but got through it. I'm now concerned about the area feeling some pain. Here is what I posted:
Hello. It's been a year since I had my upper molar extracted. The one in the very back (forgot what number it is). The oral surgeon did a bone graft at the time of the extraction because I'd said I'd come back in a few months and get the ball rolling for an implant. But ... health matters intervened, and I ended up not doing the implant. Until the last couple of weeks I have not been aware of any problems with the big gaping "hole" where the molar was. Except I'm often aware there's a gaping hole. But no pain. Lately, though, I get a lot of sensitivity slash pain (not sure, but it's a funky feeling) when something cold comes into contact with the area. Funny thing is, I can't figure out exactly if it's the actual hole or the gum area next to it, near the tooth next to it, that's giving me this funky feeling. Does this sound common? Can anyone shed any light on what this might be? I did see the oral surgeon for his "complimentary" two-week checkup after the extraction. Haven't been in touch since. I have had two visits with my regular dentist for routine cleanings. Dread any dental work at all right now, especially if it's an extraction gone bad (whatever that means) as I am only a few months out from hip replacement surgery and kind of worried about an infection. Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this.
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what they think. Thanks very much!
