• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain after extractions

  • Thread starter Thread starter jsabz
  • Start date Start date
J

jsabz

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2016
Messages
45
I had two teeth removed about 3 hours ago.
Lower 2nd molar with granuloma and next to it wisdom tooth.

I took as instructed ibuprofen when I got home.
But as the anesthesia wore off I am starting to have bad pain

Is it normal?
Why ibuprofen is not helping?

I am also putting ice and I will take some paracetamol later.

Is feeling pain as I am a bad indicator?
Sigh


Thanks!
 
Thankfully the pain got better.
Problem is that overnight I have been still bleeding.
I stopped using the gauze as I wasn't dripping blood and I wanted to sleep.
It's the morning after (12 hour later) and still dark red saliva.
I think is the wisdom tooth because I see a dark red area over it :(
 
A little bit of blood mixed into your saliva looks a lot worse than it really is. If it's properly bleeding you need to contact the dentist, but as a first aid thing try biting on a fresh, dry teabag for 15 minutes or so. The tannin in the tea stops mild bleeding.
 
Back
Top