• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain / Chewing cheeks 3 months after wisdom teeth extraction?

T

Tly99

Hi!

I had 4 impacted (one partially erupted) wisdom teeth out in September.

I healed up fine - except I developed a problem where I would continuously bite my cheeks. This is still happening. The insides of my cheeks are engraved with basically fossils of my teeth. There's always some kind of cut or abrasion and they tend to look red and raw. My tongue is also scalloped.

The surgeon who removed my teeth told me months ago it was just the way I was healing. Then why is this continuing to happen? Has anyone had a similar problem? Could it be because my bite has been changed? Especially since one wisdom tooth that was partially coming through is now gone?

I never had this problem before. I'm so afraid I will develop oral cancer..

Oh goodness that doesn't sound too good at all. Im sorry for your pain, it really sucks trust me! I sort of had that issue but that was before I got mine taken out. :( I had mouth sores and everything. Not fun. Mine was mainly on one side boy did it hurt. I even felt like my bite was messed up. I had tried to use some Oral-B antiseptic mouth rinse to help.
But the issue of mine didn't go away until a week after my wisdom's got pulled and from using this medicated chrolixdine rinse stuff..

Have you set up an app for your dentist? That's most likely what I would do..
Definately should get that checked out though. :(

Back