• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in upper front tooth

M

miss_scared

Out of nowhere since last night my upper tooth gum has started hurting. Only when I drink or use mouthwash I notice it. It feels like a nerve pain as when I use mouthwash I can feel it in my right nostril too. No pain when pushing, tooth ok when brushing again no pain. Only thing changed in last 48 hours is toothpaste brand, stared using Sensodyne and also new mouthwash. Colgate anti cavity, has no alcohol in it. Not sure why it's suddenly sensitive at gum area

Could it be a sinus infection? I only ask because you mentioned your nose. I had a horrible toothache recently that, thankfully, turned out to be a sinus infection.

Hi There!

I'm no dentist....but....
my experience with similar pain in "upper tooth gum" is in an area where gums have receded (but hard for me to tell by looking at it that is why, I had it confirmed by dentist) and anything liquid or that becomes liquid (like Hershey's kisses, pudding, ice cream... that kind of consistency) and especially cool or cold...even warm....creates similar pain. I had lots of relief from sensodyne toothpaste or any other brand for sensitive teeth. It takes a little while but it really does help. I'd keep using it for a while and see. Use a straw in the meantime while the toothpaste builds up.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Back