• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain /pain relief

J

Jax1

I have been in considerable pain, I have been taking parasol which helps massively but got told not to take for more than 3 days as addictive. So I should stop taking but I’m so scared of the pain. What else can I do please? Going dentist is not really an option at the moment.

@Jax1 there a lot of other pain killers out there that should help you. It is definitely best to not take them to the point of addiction as that won't be good for you at all. If you don't mind me asking, how is the dentist not an option at the moment

I struggle with going to dentist for a variety of reasons. The tooth I’m in pain with is at back of mouth it’s broken down, decayed and been filled but bits of filling been falling out, I have sharp bits of tooth that normally I would file down but I can’t touch tooth at moment it hurts having anything near it. I have brought some clove oil and contemplating putting that on to see if it helps but I’m struggling to touch it.

Does anyone have advice on clove oil - I think the nerve of the tooth is exposed as pain when breathing in air, eating drinking, anything really as have not been taking any pain killers. There seems to be less of the throbbing pain I had other day. if I put clove oil on the tooth will it kill the nerve if it is exposed and if so is that such a bad thing, I’m thinking then it won’t hurt?

Hi, clove oil can be very irritating and is usually best avoided. We have some information on pain medication for dental pain on this page:

Sorry to hear that you're in such pain, and unable to get professional help 😢. If you like, you could see if you can get a referral to the community dental service in your area. In most places in the UK, the referral can be done by a GP or other health professional if you're too scared to see a general dental practitioner. The community dental service is for people who, for some reason or another (e.g. dental phobia/medical conditions/learning disabilities) cannot be adequately cared for in a general dental practice.

Back