• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Painful filling plus a deep cleaning - getting scared again

toothfairy80

toothfairy80

Hi, everyone. I got up the courage to get some work done last fall. I had a bad tooth extracted, and later got a filling done for an upper right molar (I think it's #2). The filling was done in November, but about five days ago, it started hurting. It only hurts when I chew, or if I move my jaw from side to side or up and down. It doesn't really bother me if I'm just sitting here, not chewing. Is it possible that my allergies and sinus problems are causing this flareup? Ever since my spring allergies started getting bad, even my ears are plugged up. I'm hoping that the pain is as simple as that, and not something worse. :confused: I just came off an antibiotic (metronidazole) for a separate medical issue two days ago, so I don't think there could be an infection in the tooth? But I'm no expert on antibiotics.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get it checked out this week. When I make the appointment, I'm going to get my deep cleaning scheduled as well. I have been putting this off for months because I'm so afraid of the pain and the needles, and because he wants to take my wisdom teeth out as well. So, I'm really just here for a shoulder to cry on. I am still quite anxious about getting this work done, but the difference is that I AM getting it done and not avoiding it like I did for so many years. And this forum has a lot to do with my being able to make that progress. :)

The other day my newer fillings started hurting and my mother said that she thought maybe i had an ear infection. I was like what? Me being 23 never heard that before and she said oh yeah ear infections and sinus pressure can make them hurt! I was like well thats pretty messed up lol so i suppose the pressure could be since they were saying allergies were going to be the worst this year! Good luck :)

I know when my teeth hurt sometimes my ear hurts. So its possible. Just got three extractions done,still need my wizzies dealt with. Have two phases of deep cleaning coming up on the 30th. Im scared too.

Thanks, Denny and Cinders. I still have a little pain, but it has improved, and it definitely seems related to my allergies and ears. My mother told me the other night that she has the same problem sometimes when her head feels plugged up. The pressure travels to the teeth.

I still haven't made my appointment yet to get my deep cleaning. *sigh* I know I need to do this. I am just being a chicken, and also being stubborn about paying for it.

Back