S
StefyS
Member
- Joined
- Aug 30, 2017
- Messages
- 26
Hello everyone,
I'm new here but none of my friends or family understand my teeth troubles as they all have perfect teeth so I need someone to help calm me down haha!
I have a couple of crowns in my teeth and I went for a check up 6 months ago and they said that the crowns looked great, no problems underneath etc. Now I've had these about 10 years or so so I'm wary that they don't last very long. Very recently however, I've noticed that one of my crowns is one of those fused to metal and this is the top first molar on the right which is not a problem but I've only recently started running my tongue over it and feeling the metal bit which obviously feels slightly different to the crown. Now I'm getting paranoid that because I can feel the metal, that is means the crown will fall out and I touch it more and the more I touch it, the more sore the gums get and it panics me.
Does anyone else have a porcelain bonded to metal crown and can you feel the difference when you run your tongue over the metal closest to the gum?
My bite on that side seems a bit off as well but I don't know if that has something to do with the infection I had on the lower first molar (which is booked in for a root canal) or if it has something to do with the crown!
Thanks
Stef
I'm new here but none of my friends or family understand my teeth troubles as they all have perfect teeth so I need someone to help calm me down haha!
I have a couple of crowns in my teeth and I went for a check up 6 months ago and they said that the crowns looked great, no problems underneath etc. Now I've had these about 10 years or so so I'm wary that they don't last very long. Very recently however, I've noticed that one of my crowns is one of those fused to metal and this is the top first molar on the right which is not a problem but I've only recently started running my tongue over it and feeling the metal bit which obviously feels slightly different to the crown. Now I'm getting paranoid that because I can feel the metal, that is means the crown will fall out and I touch it more and the more I touch it, the more sore the gums get and it panics me.
Does anyone else have a porcelain bonded to metal crown and can you feel the difference when you run your tongue over the metal closest to the gum?
My bite on that side seems a bit off as well but I don't know if that has something to do with the infection I had on the lower first molar (which is booked in for a root canal) or if it has something to do with the crown!
Thanks
Stef
. so it even makes it worse the fear.. I try to be really careful not to eat hard things.. not chew gum etc.. but its hard. and i love nuts too.