• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Part of tooth broke and filling fell out-scared

V

Virgie

Hi! I am new here. I have never really liked the dentist but used to go on a regular basis until about 3 years ago. Then my son got sick and he took all of our attention (& money for his medical bills) so going to the dentist kind of went by the wayside. But about a month ago I bit into a cookie and there was a metal piece in the cookie that caused my tooth to break and part of the filling fell out. Now that tooth has sharp edges & a hole in it. Surprisingly it doesn't really hurt but food falls in it and that annoys me. Also I complained to the cookie company and they might pay my bill so I suppose I should get it taken care of. However I am afraid that the dentist will write on the form that I need to send in that this tooth was already bad and then the company won't pay for it and I can't really afford to pay it myself. Also I am afraid the dentist will find more wrong with my teeth and man I still owe $2,000.00 on my son's medical bills so I can't have anymore bills. So I don't know if that is what is making me scared to go in or what. All I know is right now I am just so scared at the thought of getting my teeth fixed. I am afraid that he will say I need a crown and I don't want to spend the money on that. Then I feel like saying pull it, but the thought of that really really scares me. When I was a pre-teen I had the rest of my baby teeth pulled and I can remember one tooth cracking and breaking as he pulled it so that haunts me. They will have to knock me out cold if I need it pulled. I feel like such a big baby. I want to cry :mad:!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Virgie

Re: Part of tooth broke and filling fell out-scare

hi
big hugs :XXLhug:
my tooth fell out on tuesday and i have had it tempary fixed . please dont cry we are all here for you :grouphug:

Back