• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

partial or full bottom denture

M

malia

Hi all.I have had a full top denture for about 10 plus years now and have finally decided to get bottom teeth pulled out because of not good calcium and decay it runs in the family but I am the oldest.Have had pain in bottom teeth now for about a month,finally I decided to go to a dentist for a quote for a partial and she said she could fix all my bottom teeth was 7500.So the next morning emailed her for a full bottom denture quote and it was 6400.thought I was taking out another mortgage.I needed antibiotics because of abcesses x2,she was not going to give me medication until my first visit.I went to another dentist for a quote which is much better 2700 for full bottom denture and they gave me antibiotics.thought I was goin back for a first impression but was another dentist,she did xrays and have 2 good teeth either side of front teeth she has said would be better to get a partial????Now I am soo confused but am very fearful of dentists I have to get put to sleep for anything to be done,even when they put the mirror into my mouth I am shaking n burst out cryin Please Help

When you have enough dental problems to consider dentures then you will generally get multiple treatment plans. You should expect to be told why that plan would best meet your needs today and in the future. There are many considerations

Back