• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pass out just thinking of the dentist

L

Linda meakings

Hi all

I am in need of help. I'm fed up of being dosed up on diazepam to get me through the door of the dentist, not alone have any work done. I have to be sedated, I had 1 tooth out and 1 filling in Thursday, got over the trauma of that and was fine. Until Sunday night, woke up with bad toothache, then kept thinking about what had happened at the dentist, next thing I know I'm on the bathroom floor, passed out again
Please tell me I'm not alone and there is help out there

YOUR Not “The Lone Ranger”..........I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. I’ve obly been 4 times in 50 years. And until 3 wks ago I hadn’t been in 27 years from the trama and spankings I got as a Child for even shedding a tear..,,..This group has helped me not to feel so alone.....Your amongst people that seem to truly care !!!

Linda..

you are definately not alone and there are alot of people who have the fears and anxieties that are similiar or same as yours.. i have put off many times going to dentist. for so many reasons.. it is really Brave of you really to even be thinking about it and discussing it. this is the first step and we encourage each other and cheer each other on. !! also from my experience I can say there are AMAZING dentists that are very caring and sensitive to anxiety out there.. so I hope you find one.. I did and it is making all the difference. the thing I fear most is losing him someday.. which I hope never happens.. but.. you are in good company here and you can find a dentist who will also be good company and a good help to you and your teeth!

Linda..

you are definately not alone and there are alot of people who have the fears and anxieties that are similiar or same as yours.. i have put off many times going to dentist. for so many reasons.. it is really Brave of you really to even be thinking about it and discussing it. this is the first step and we encourage each other and cheer each other on. !! also from my experience I can say there are AMAZING dentists that are very caring and sensitive to anxiety out there.. so I hope you find one.. I did and it is making all the difference. the thing I fear most is losing him someday.. which I hope never happens.. but.. you are in good company here and you can find a dentist who will also be good company and a good help to you and your teeth!

This is the key to dental health. Find that dentist who is calm, doesn't push you, understands your anxiety, highly competent, and especially good at obtaining profound anesthesia. They are difficult to find but do exist.

Back