MadlyCrazy
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2016
- Messages
- 5
Sooo, earlier this year i was told i have periodontal diesase. im 27 it was cause dby a mix of genetics, antipsychotics i have schizoefective/schizophernia and that is causing horrible issues and the medicine caused horrible sideeffects for like four years andd also being in hosptails and psychwards and they don't enforce hygine in those places for like 5 years straight.
Soo basically, i go to the dentist SO MUCH they know me on a first name basis and they're super sweet they understand that my issues are medication related and Im not on medicine anymore, im not touching it, i need it, but im terrified, i'd rather deal with symptoms than side effects of meidcine.

So, basically on like a scalle from 1-10 (ten being best) My teeth two months ago were like a 9.5, and now last month late last month early this month they were an 8, and i guess that's still good, but i still nearly broke down and cried, but, i have only 2-3mm pockets, i have no mobility, and i guess its not TOO bad?
But, im petrified anything will make it worse. I'd rather wait and not eat for 12hrs if it means I can't brush or clean outside the house, I use a sonicare tooth brush, and a waterpik. I also have a portable waterpik to take out of the house and do daily nightly tounge cleanings and salt rinses when i flooss.
So, even though I have all that, I lose my shit over things like drinking sprite out of the house, I won't eat ANYTHING when im way and can't do my ruoutine.
Eve though i have a travel kit so to speak it doesn't really help. Im too afraid o f going into the hospital when i need cause i dont know if they wont let me have my sonicare and waterpik. Id rather be doing bad than be unable to continue my routine
how do you guys with perio issues feel okay enough to eat away from the home, or can't clean regularly??
Any tips to get over this paranoia , im afraid of food, and even eating sometimes.
Soo basically, i go to the dentist SO MUCH they know me on a first name basis and they're super sweet they understand that my issues are medication related and Im not on medicine anymore, im not touching it, i need it, but im terrified, i'd rather deal with symptoms than side effects of meidcine.

So, basically on like a scalle from 1-10 (ten being best) My teeth two months ago were like a 9.5, and now last month late last month early this month they were an 8, and i guess that's still good, but i still nearly broke down and cried, but, i have only 2-3mm pockets, i have no mobility, and i guess its not TOO bad?
But, im petrified anything will make it worse. I'd rather wait and not eat for 12hrs if it means I can't brush or clean outside the house, I use a sonicare tooth brush, and a waterpik. I also have a portable waterpik to take out of the house and do daily nightly tounge cleanings and salt rinses when i flooss.
So, even though I have all that, I lose my shit over things like drinking sprite out of the house, I won't eat ANYTHING when im way and can't do my ruoutine.
Eve though i have a travel kit so to speak it doesn't really help. Im too afraid o f going into the hospital when i need cause i dont know if they wont let me have my sonicare and waterpik. Id rather be doing bad than be unable to continue my routine
how do you guys with perio issues feel okay enough to eat away from the home, or can't clean regularly??
Any tips to get over this paranoia , im afraid of food, and even eating sometimes.
Last edited:
