• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Perio male 22 years old, very stressed and scared!

J

Jace

I've been dealing with gum disease for about 2 years now, and I've noticed slow progressing over this time. Mostly gum loss and unstable teeth, it's very rough trying to deal with my vanity and trying to keep a level head knowing somewhere in the near future it may come time for partials or full dentures which is completely terrifying. It's a very lingering idea of whether or not to keep on top of it because of how many people have had so many problems caused because of it. At this moment I have pocket depths of 5 to 10. Basically I'm looking for some wisdom and some people who can shed light on what a life with the disease consist of and how you all have overcome the constant judgements and hardships you have overcome, thank you to all who reply and help me open my mind to this topic and maybe even can help with peace of mind much love!

Hi :welcome:to the forum.

I also have gum disease at the front bottom of my mouth. You will possibly need a cleaning by a dentist or hygienist every three months to keep things at bay.
I did loose one of my front teeth but I now have a bridge so I don't have a gap. Initially when the tooth was removed I had an immediate denture put in which I was very impressed with and managed to talk and eat better than I did before.
The tooth had felt fragile and a bit painful for years. I tried to keep it as long as I could because I was afraid of having a gap but once it had gone I was so happy as it had caused me more discomfort than I realised.

I didn't suffer any judgements from my dentist for it she just advised me on how best I could help her deal with it. Paying extra attention to that area and flossing helps a lot. :)

At 22 with 5-10mm pockets you have extremely aggressive periodontal disease. As a minimum you need to be managed by a good periodontist and maintaining with 2 month cleanings at least.

Back