• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Periodontal pockets and overall gum health

C

Christine826

Hello all,

I wanted to first say how glad I am that I found this community. Everyone is so kind and supportive on here and it’s such a nice group of people.

I believe I may have some periodontal pockets and possibly gingivitis (hoping it hasn’t progressed to periodontitis yet- I’m only 25!). My gums on the bottom teeth are definitely starting to recede and at times I feel like my one tooth is a bit loose (though somtimes I think it may be worse in my head than it actually is). I went to the dentist back in april and had a deep cleaning done and x rays taken and that was that. After the deep cleaning I made an appt for a cleaning for November and was sent on my way. That was actually my first dentist appt in several years. I suppose I have pretty good genetics being that I actually skipped out on going to the dentist for 4 years during college (partly because I was in another state and partly because I have a bit of dental phobia) and still had no cavities or any major issues to fix. This anxiety about my gums is becoming exhausting because I can’t stop thinking about it or playing with my teeth to make sure they’re not falling out! I’ve contemplated trying a different dentist just for a second opinion (and so I don’t have to wait until November) but I’ve been going to the same dentist my whole life and don’t know how it would be going elsewhere.

I’m hoping someone who has had gum problems will come across this and possibly give some advice. I have attached a picture for reference so you can see the current state of my bottom teeth and gums. Thanks in advance ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 40
It's a really blurry photo, but I don't see anything wrong there.

I keep feeling like there might be two that are loose on my bottom left siAny suggestions on an electric toothbrush or certain kind of toothpaste that can help slow down receding gums? I’ve heard water picks aren’t that effective but I thought maybe trying a different toothbrush would work. I’ve been using a manual one but I’d rather play it safe. Apparently my phone only takes blurry pics.. haha. But at that angle you can hopefully see which teeth I’m referring to a little better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 30
Oral B toothbrushes have the best evidence that they work better. So one of them. Toothpaste is irrelevant, whatever one you like the taste of best.
Your gums look fine. All teeth are slightly loose feeling, they're meant to be to absorb the forces of chewing.

Back