• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Piece of filling fell out, but newly pregnant. Can this wait?

J

jenny8484

So I had a small piece of filling (I presume beacause it was metal) come out of my tooth. I know that the filling is loose because when I floss, it gets stuck underneath and sometimes pulls up the filling. I called my dentist today, because I am also due for a cleaning and mentioned that I lost a piece of filling and because I am in early pregnancy (6 weeks), they told me that I can't come in even for just a cleaning, until I get a note clearing me to come in from my OB/GYN. I see my OB in 2 weeks. Is this something that can wait or should I be going in right away? I am not in pain at all. I am also worried because the last time I got a filling done in this tooth (about two years ago), I had pain for a month until the tooth finally settled down.

Where in the world are you? It's possibly some local regulation that I've not heard about. Doesn't make a lot of sense if you think of how many women could be in the early stages of pregnancy and don't even know it!

No idea if it can wait or not without seeing you, so can't help with that, sorry.

Back