• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Plaque formation on front on my sons front teeth

H

hei8ht

Hi Everyone,
My son is 12 years old and we are facing some issues with his lower front teeth where there is Plaque formation on the front instead of the back which would have been normal. We have consulted dentists in the UK and they have not been helpful. He brushes regularly twice and we have tried a number of remedies but the Plaque keeps coming back. Any idea what could be causing this problem?

I have attached a photo of how the plaque looks.

Some help or advice would be really helpful.

Regards,
Nandan

Attachments

• IMG_5665.jpg
    IMG_5665.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 9
poor technique

Thank you Dr. Raymond for the quick response. Any recommendation for a better technique to help reduce the plaque?

Regards,
Nandan

Would an electric toothbrush help? It kind of takes care of the scrubbing for him....

Thank you all for your responses. He already has an electric brush so I am assuming its his technique. I will monitor it and see if I can help him improve it.

Regards,
Nandan

Could you book an appointment with the hygienist for him? He or she will be able to assess how he’s brushing, and then help him to learn a better technique. I know they are usually for smaller children, but disclosing tablets might help too - I’m an adult but use them once a month or so. I buy them from Boots, part of the “expert” range. I think a packet is about £2. (Just don’t use them immediately before seeing the dentist - mine got a fright when she saw my bright purple mouth!)

Could you book an appointment with the hygienist for him? He or she will be able to assess how he’s brushing, and then help him to learn a better technique. I know they are usually for smaller children, but disclosing tablets might help too - I’m an adult but use them once a month or so. I buy them from Boots, part of the “expert” range. I think a packet is about £2. (Just don’t use them immediately before seeing the dentist - mine got a fright when she saw my bright purple mouth!)
this

Back