• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help! Fine after Wisdom Teeth Extraction, Now Weird Problems 10 Days After Causing Anxiety

T

TheToothFairy37

Please help! Fine after Wisdom Teeth Extraction, Now Weird Problems 10 Days After Causing Anxiety

Good morning,
Ten days ago I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (3 ofthem were in impacted) and because of this, the surgeon said the recovery timemay be a little longer than usual. For the first 3 days I was in some pain, whichI knew was normal, and then I started to feel better. Fast forward to now, lastnight when I was eating I felt a random sharp pain in some of my other teeth whileI was eating and I have this feeling like something is stuck in the back of mythroat. Also, when I breath through my nose my I feel a cold, mild pain in mysinuses. I have never had any of these issues prior to having my wisdom teethremoved, but these symptoms seem like they would be unrelated to theextraction. Any ideas? Thank you inadvance! o_O

Re: Please help! Fine after Wisdom Teeth Extraction, Now Weird Problems 10 Days After Causing Anxiet

Hi I think it is possible all connected to the wisdom teeth being removed. I had all four of mine out a lot of years ago and all mine were impacted. I had all sorts of strange sensations for some months after, and once I had got over the first few days of pain and swelling I was fine. It took some months for everything to finally feel normal. It might be worth a trip to your dentist to get them to have a look.

I am not a dentist and I only have personal knowledge of the procedure and after effects so please contact your dentist if you are worried about anything. They won't mind and only they can have a look and give you a true opinion of the situation.

Back