• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

PLEASE READ! I Need Your Opinion!!!

J

jwetsu

First of all let me update you on my jaw. It is doing SO much better!!! :grin: Even the crowns aren't bothering me anymore. YIPEE!!!

Now, on to the next thing...On Thursday I had two composite fillings, one on the back upper left and one right below it on the back lower left. The teeth next to the ones that have the fillings have had root canals, so they of course are crowned. Ever since I had my fillings, when I bite down on anything (including bread), I get a sharp pain in the teeth that have had the root canals. The teeth that had the actual fillings don't hurt. I can only feel the pain when I chew, even if it's something soft (such as bread). I do not have any pain when I bite down are grind my teeth together. Temperature doesn't bother it, either. It's just when I'm chewing food and it's in the teeth next to the ones that had the fillings (and they both have had root canals). Is this normal? Should I call my dentist? I would love to be able to eat in peace again.
:dunno:

Give your dentist a call; it may just be a matter of making a small adjustment to your bite. Sometimes a very tiny difference can shift the amount of pressure on individual teeth and cause the entire force of your bite to land on one tooth. It's also not unusual to have a little pain or sensitivity for a couple of days after getting some work done, so it may just subside on its own. Call your dentist either way; if nothing else they can advise you on dealing with the pain. (Ibuprofin usually works wonders).

In any case, it's probably not a big deal or anything to get too worried about. Good luck!

Give your dentist a call; it may just be a matter of making a small adjustment to your bite. Sometimes a very tiny difference can shift the amount of pressure on individual teeth and cause the entire force of your bite to land on one tooth. It's also not unusual to have a little pain or sensitivity for a couple of days after getting some work done, so it may just subside on its own. Call your dentist either way; if nothing else they can advise you on dealing with the pain. (Ibuprofin usually works wonders).

In any case, it's probably not a big deal or anything to get too worried about. Good luck!

Thank you for the response! I will give them a call tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they are expecting it anyway (I have generalized anxiety disorder, so I panic over ANYTHING). I was going to try to wait until at least a week had passed, but I will call tomorrow. If it were my bite, wouldn't it hurt when I clench my teeth? It's so weird that it's only when I eat. :redface:

Back