Re: Possible TMJ/Wisdom tooth probs and terrified!
Sorry for the extremely delayed reply. I've been meaning to say thank you SS
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
You're so sweet
Well, here we are, in the beginning of November and I still haven't even had an xray
![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
I do feel quite ashamed of myself for putting it off. Now I'm scared I've only made it worse. I'm not getting much toothache at all, infact nearly none. But I do get glandular ache and I know they're still up, a bit of jaw ache too.
It's still the same fear to be honest. Although I am terrified of dentists and the thought of going there has made me shudder pretty much all my life, with no particular real reason. The one thing stopping me facing my fears head on is the fear of being told my only option is GA. I know that Gordon and many others have kindly tried to ease my mind about it, and the fact I do have a choice, but for some reason I still haven't made the appointment.
I guess I'm worried that if they did recommend GA for my wizzies and I told them I'd rather do it any other way possible (including deep IV, multiple appointments or any other combination of sedation) that they would get annoyed, shout at me, tell me I'm being silly and that I'll be fine and that there's no way to do it without GA. That would just make me feel even worse and more trapped.
I'm pretty sure someone on here had some teeth out and a cyst (which I think I have under a dying tooth next too wizzie) with IV sedation, so I know that with any luck I'll find a dentist who will do the same. But how will I know? To have to go through being rejected and thought of as stupid, before finding one who will listen and respect my wishes would be horrible.
![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)