• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post extraction gum bleeding

W

Wilf1988

Hi all

Thanks to this forum and an amazing dentist I have been able to overcome the majority of fears or at least get to the point of having work done..an extensive treatment plan is now complete.

I am struggling with the fear of post extraction infection...I took a course of antibiotics after my last one two weeks ago but when I brush my teeth, largely avoiding the hole I am getting slight bleeding in the gum. There is no pain.

Does the picture show any obvious infection? I am struggling to settle so I am sorry for posting. The bleeding area is closest to tooth and I assume the wider pink is new skin forming. Screenshot_20220619-005633_Gallery.jpg

A little bit of bleeding is normal, your body is pouring resources into the area to rebuild the damage, these are carried in the blood cells so the area is very rich in blood at the moment. Doesn't take much to get a small spillage in the area if you think about it.

It's exceedingly, exceedingly rare to get a post extraction infection. Getting one several weeks after the extraction would be amazingly unlucky.

Back