• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Slight Gum Pain/Bleeding 7 Days Post-Extraction

J

jodinic86

Seven days ago I had three of my wisdom teeth removed. After a midnight trip to the ER due to uncontrollable vomiting and a case of dry socket, I thought I was finally on the mend. However, today I was eating a very soft grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup, and I felt slight pain on my lower left extraction site (not the dry socket site). I carefully rinsed my left side after my meal and noticed my saliva was very slightly blood-tinged. My question is: did I possibly create another dry socket or is this normal post-wisdom teeth extraction irritation? I do see my dentist tomorrow to have my dry socket re-packed, so I can also ask him, but this entire experience has made me super paranoid.

Thank you!!

[
How extensive was your extraction? Where was your dry socket? I guess if you see dentist I would ask them. I hope you get better soon...:);D

QUOTE=jodinic86;141686]Seven days ago I had three of my wisdom teeth removed. After a midnight trip to the ER due to uncontrollable vomiting and a case of dry socket, I thought I was finally on the mend. However, today I was eating a very soft grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup, and I felt slight pain on my lower left extraction site (not the dry socket site). I carefully rinsed my left side after my meal and noticed my saliva was very slightly blood-tinged. My question is: did I possibly create another dry socket or is this normal post-wisdom teeth extraction irritation? I do see my dentist tomorrow to have my dry socket re-packed, so I can also ask him, but this entire experience has made me super paranoid.

Thank you!![/QUOTE]

[
How extensive was your extraction? Where was your dry socket? I guess if you see dentist I would ask them. I hope you get better soon...:);D

QUOTE=jodinic86;141686]Seven days ago I had three of my wisdom teeth removed. After a midnight trip to the ER due to uncontrollable vomiting and a case of dry socket, I thought I was finally on the mend. However, today I was eating a very soft grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup, and I felt slight pain on my lower left extraction site (not the dry socket site). I carefully rinsed my left side after my meal and noticed my saliva was very slightly blood-tinged. My question is: did I possibly create another dry socket or is this normal post-wisdom teeth extraction irritation? I do see my dentist tomorrow to have my dry socket re-packed, so I can also ask him, but this entire experience has made me super paranoid.

Thank you!!
[/QUOTE]sorry to hear you were ill and also in pain, I would call your dentist and maybe stick with softer food until you find out what is happening. Hope you heal soon, take it easy. I didn't have any issues but only had one wisdom tooth out 2 weeks ago.

Back