• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

post extraction healing questions not covered in the faq's

S

soupy

Hi there,

I've read the excellent post healing faq's in prep for my first extraction, and had a couple of q's that i couldn't find the answers to if that was ok.

1) How long after extraction can you start cleaning your teeth? (also thinking, i know we shouldn't rinse mouth for 24hrs and wondering how that works with teeth cleaning and getting rid of the foam)
2) Worried about drinking water post surgery and how i will stop it going in to the extraction site and not dislodge the clot, straws are off limits so i am wondering how i can achieve that.
3) Does the salt water gentle swilling 4x a day after 24 hrs, hurt?
4) I am allergic to corsydl is there any alternative?

many thanks
Soupy

1) Immediately, just be careful round the extraction site
2) Don't worry about it, just drink normally, try not to spit too vigorously after brushing but otherwise it's fine
3) Not at all
4) Yes, Benzydamine Hydrochloride rinse, trade name is Difflam in the UK. You shouldn't need either though unless your dentist suggests it.

1) Immediately, just be careful round the extraction site
2) Don't worry about it, just drink normally, try not to spit too vigorously after brushing but otherwise it's fine
3) Not at all
4) Yes, Benzydamine Hydrochloride rinse, trade name is Difflam in the UK. You shouldn't need either though unless your dentist suggests it.

many thanks for the reply, it's massively appreciated.
sorry for the late thank you.
Soupy

Back