• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post nasal drip and injection anxiety

  • Thread starter Thread starter spidersgeorge
  • Start date Start date
S

spidersgeorge

Junior member
Joined
Dec 18, 2025
Messages
8
Location
USA
Hello. This is my first time posting so bear with me. I have a cavity on my bottom molar left side, and two fillings that need replacement--one on top left, one on bottom right. For the past couple of years I've been dealing with chronic ear/sinus issues/headaches. CT scan just ruled out anything serious. The thing I'm struggling with... Is because the post nasal drip causes some strange sensations in my mouth/head... I'm terrified that the lidocaine injection is going to "travel" or "hit something". Can someone help me rationalize this fear? I'd really like to have this work done. My dentist says it is "not an emergency" and that he wants me to do it when I'm ready. I'm just so scared! Hoping for support. Thanks, guys.
 
Hello spidersgeorge :welcome: to DFC! We are glad you are hear. Know your concerns are always valid. Fears are real and it's good you put them out there. Have you been going to your dentist for a while? Did you tell him these specific fears about the lidocaine, or he just thinks you aren't ready for the work itself? Glad it is not an emergency so you can take your time feeling a peace about it.If you told them did they try to reassure you about the lidocaine ? Hopefully they would be compassionate and validate your concerns and explain it a bit. You may want to put this in the ask a dentist too. We have some great supportive dentists who may know a bit about how the post nasal drip may or may not affect lidocaine. We are glad you are hear. You are strong and courageous for taking on this dental work.
 
Thank you, I am posting there now, too. I would love to hear a chime of 'you're gonna be okay' from some professionals!
 
I did it! I am so happy I did!
 
Back
Top