• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about removing your "Wizzies"

L

loyalmoonie

Whenever you have to go get your "wizzies" removed, does your dentist always use IVs or other general anesthetics, or does your dentist offer the choice of general or local anesthetics? I need to know because I've become increasingly worried about anesthetics or anything that puts me to sleep MOSTLY because of how (on a somewhat irrelevant note) anesthetics were partially to blame when Dick Clark died last year, and I fear that I might die from an anesthetic if I go to the dentist, and I have to have these teeth extracted...

They always use local anethesia (that is a must to get you numb) the rest is really optional. You can use laughing gas to relax you if you do not want to be "put to sleep" but are anxious about the process of removing them. The gas is very noninvasive, wears off immediately, can be adjusted to your comfort level, and you can kind of control it by how much you inhale through your nose. The other types of sedation come with some calculated risks but are used routinely and are relatively safe in competent and capable hands.

Hi i am having pain on my impacted third molar. It is partially erupted. My dentist tried pulling it out but i complained i was feeling pain on other teeth along the jaw line so he stopped and extracted only parts of the tooth on top and sides so the tooth can move away from the nerve because i might et permanent damage if he pull it all the way. It has been 8 months since that procedure and now my tooth is aching. I moved in to another country 1 month after the procedure. I am scheduled for a consulation on tuesday. When do we know this needs a surgery or not? Please help me

Back