• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question regarding a wisdom tooth cavity

W

woodechoon2000

I recently backed out of a extraction for a wisdom tooth that has a large cavity. I did so because the reputation of the oral surgeon became in question. I currently have no symptoms of infection nor do i feel any pain. What sort of risk am i running by taking my time to find a new surgeon. How quickly do i need to move and could there be complications?

Thanks for the information in advance.

Hi,
A tooth cavity can only get bigger, not smaller. On a specific time the tooth will be painful and a tooth extraction will be the only solution.
If you want my advise: sometimes a cavity can be treated with a filling, so ask for a second opinion whether a filling is doable. If not, ask to see another oral surgeon.

None of the dentists I've seen typically fill wisdom teeth....mine were causing problems and all had to be extracted .They are more prone to cavity because they're harder to reach and clean

It own't hurt but then one day it will hurt BAD when decay reaches the nerve and you'll wish to be free of the tooth. That is what happens to me every time I "wait"

You can keep looking for an oral surgeon that you are comfortable with but I owuldn't leave it too long

Back