• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Removing all top teeth and 1 from the bottom

M

MountainBeast

First off I decided to join this forum because reading some of your stories have helped me get through several procedures. The next procedure I have coming up I'm in no way proud of at all and will be my biggest ever. I'm 29 years old and have a MAJOR fear of dentist not just dentists themselves but also the smell and the sounds. I can't blame anyone but myself for the shape that my teeth are in my momma tried to pound oral hygiene into my head at a young age but for some reason it never was a big priority for me so after I turned 16 I just quit going.

So now I have to pay so to speak. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that one of my top teeth was aching which at first wasn't a big deal to me because my top teeth are an absolute train wreck it was very common for me to have a toothache here and there for a day or 3. It was normal to me to be in discomfort so it wasn't a big deal until my lip started to swell, then my cheek.. the swelling eventually

I'm so sorry about that hit the post button on accident (big fingers). The swelling eventually made it close to my eye.. close enough to swell it half shut. My beautiful caring wife forced me to go to the emergency room because it was a Saturday. I didn't want to go but I'm glad she forced me. They put me on penicillin. The swelling managed to go down in about 3 days.

I forced myself to call the dentist on the following Monday and make an appointment. He said the tooth that's infected definitely needs to go and 5 others on top for sure but also informed me that the 4 teeth that would remain on top weren't strong enough to support a partial so he recommended that I should go ahead and have all of my top teeth extracted and I completely agreed. So now here we are on December 3rd after all is said and done I'll a total of 11 teeth extracted and will have to wait 6 weeks for dentures.

I'm pretty scared but at the same time I know in my heart that my rotten teeth are keeping me down. I want my energy back. I want to be able to smile for pictures. I want to just not be embarrassed. I'm ready... I have to be I have two little girls relying on me to be their energetic daddy. Really the biggest thing I'm worried about is how I'm going to deal with no top teeth for 6 weeks.

An immediate denture was not mentioned? I had the same procedure 2 months ago and walked out a denture. Maybe you want to ask.

My insurance doesn't cover immediate dentures and I just simply can't afford them ?