• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Right top end teeth removal

J

John1987

Hello,

This Tuesday having two teeth removed. I believe there the top right teeth at the end. Got a xray an two are broken to the gum line. Still taking the antibiotic to clear infection. But believe infection is gone. Taking 800mg ibuprofen when pain happens. Pain meds could've of gotten. Had bad side effects from vicodin. But this area was very painful an was a severe infection by dentist seeing xray. My concern is how painful it will be afterwards. I am a smoker an have breathing problems will that affect numbing agents they use for removal. Just worried never had a tooth removed. Even with both being under the gum line. Don't feel any of the teeth with my tongue. But a hole. Any good advice that will help be appreciated. Anything to do before I arrive.

Removing the roots is usually easier than the whole tooth, although patients all seem to think it'll be much more difficult.
No reason why you'll have any problems afterwards if you follow the aftercare instructions you'll be given, or the ones on here if you don't get any. Smoking and breathing issues not a problem.

Smoking after extractions is a really bad idea, you're more likely to get a dry socket, which is a fairly painful but not dangerous post extraction complication.

With taking a antibiotic why would the left side start hurting today?

I have absolutely no way of knowing that, sorry.

Back