• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root Canal Appointment Today.

J

Jmtinfo1987

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Just wanted to say a bit anxious for a root canal today. Have had a fevw done in the past. This one has hurt a few weeks prior but was not able to be seen until today. Actually, looking forward to getting it over with and the pain and discomfort finally be over.

I had a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone ever had a root canal done in the front? Was it more painful than in the back or side?

2. How long does it take fully to recover from a root canal treatment or are they all the different?

I will post a follow-up as to how it went.

Thanks for the replies.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Just wanted to say a bit anxious for a root canal today. Have had a fevw done in the past. This one has hurt a few weeks prior but was not able to be seen until today. Actually, looking forward to getting it over with and the pain and discomfort finally be over.

I had a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone ever had a root canal done in the front? Was it more painful than in the back or side?

2. How long does it take fully to recover from a root canal treatment or are they all the different?

I will post a follow-up as to how it went.

Thanks for the replies.

Good luck for today. I’m sure it will be fine. Can’t help to much as I have only had a root canal on a molar. I think front teeth have only one root compared to four or more in the back teeth. So don’t know if this makes it easier?
Recovery for the molar was really smooth and mild discomforty pain only lasted a day.

Not sure how helpful this is but wanted to just say good luck for today!

How did it go yesterday, Jmtinfo 1987?

Uh, the #13 tooth had to be extracted. It was split and had deep decay. My appointment was at 4:00 and he didn't get to me until like 4:40 and they close at 5:00. It felt like a "Bam, Thank You Ma'am", type of service.

He really didn't even let the novacaine settle into my system. He extracted the tooth ok I guess and I am feeling soreness today.

My next task will be a front tooth root canal and then I think I am going to go to another dentist. Fancy building, fixtures and staff but at who's expense. Knowledgeable dentist. Just seems very hurried and wanting to get people in and out.

I guess a bridge will be my only source for the missing space. A crown on the right, still a good tooth on the left and one big empty space in between that. What are my options I'm wondering? Not really thrilled about an implant. Have had very minor teeth problems in my life but I'm assuming with age things gradually change.

Thanks everyone for the concern. Thoughts or comments always welcomed.

Wow, what an experience! So sorry to read how it went :( Having to wait for so long if you're axious anyway can be hell and then being so rushed and not even getting enough time for the anesthetic to work. Wow.

Sounds like seeing a different dentist may be a good idea. They will also be able to tell you what your options for the missing tooth are and what the pros and cons for each options are.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a much better experience with the next dentist!

Back