• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root Canal Appt in 3 hours...starting to panic

  • Thread starter Thread starter sashabou
  • Start date Start date
S

sashabou

Junior member
Joined
Dec 10, 2013
Messages
8
I finally got an appointment with the Endodontist, was on a cancellation list, and they had one today, while I am happy to get in quickly and have it taken care of, now I am starting to panic about the appointment. Its on tooth #27, the back molar on the top. I had previously a month ago had a filling on this tooth and it was close to the nerve, long story short the tooth started acting up and now I need a root canal. Anyone have tips on how to relax and it just feels better writing about it.
 
Hiya,
I don't know if I am in time or if you have already had your root canal BUT I had a root canal a couple of years ago and can tell you I was a nervous wreck. So-called friends told me it was going to be awful. Well, they were wrong. I am an enormous dental-phobe and have a needle phobia on top of that so you can imagine how terrified I was BUT it was fine. Honestly. I wouldn't say it was if it wasn't. No point in lying. There was no pain at all. I had a very slight ache afterwards but it was slight - a couple of paracetamol cured it and I think the pain was more psychological anyway. There was no pain at all during the treatment and no blood. The worst thing was the time - it took a long while so was quite boring - but I popped my iPod on (see if your dentist will let you do that). I'll admit I had RA which was hugely helpful but I don't know if I would bother next time as it really was fine. Don't worry, you will be ok . Later you will be on here telling us it was all ok. Good luck!
 
Back
Top