• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal & wisdom teeth removal?

L

lorenaguezz

I recently got two root canals.
I am now just waiting to get my crowns. I’m a little nervous about it. Not of the procedure..mostly for what can happen after I get my crowns. I am so scared that they won’t place it correctly and that it will crack or bacteria will go through under the crown because it wasn’t placed correctly. And maybe I won’t even know cause I don’t have feeling on those teeth. And later it can get so bad that they’ll have to extract my teeth completely and I’ll get implants...
My second fear is getting my wisdom teeth removed. Everyone’s experience is different. And I’m scared I’ll have a bad experience.. ? ?

I recently got two root canals.
I am now just waiting to get my crowns. I’m a little nervous about it. Not of the procedure..mostly for what can happen after I get my crowns. I am so scared that they won’t place it correctly and that it will crack or bacteria will go through under the crown because it wasn’t placed correctly. And maybe I won’t even know cause I don’t have feeling on those teeth. And later it can get so bad that they’ll have to extract my teeth completely and I’ll get implants...
My second fear is getting my wisdom teeth removed. Everyone’s experience is different. And I’m scared I’ll have a bad experience.. ? ?

Hey, so I have had a root canal, a crown and wisdom teeth removal so can answer any questions. There is also a whole thread of wisdom teeth experiences! My wisdom teeth experience was under GA as it was a surgical extraction. But in relation to the recover it was smooth, no where near what I had imagine I’m my anxious mind. I didn’t even take all my pain killers I was prescribed.

When they place the crown. They should check the fit and bite to make sure it’s good. I think as long as you clean thoroughly around it when brushing your teeth and have regular check ups it should be okay. ?

Hi lorenaguezz :welcome: ,

I second @Molar_bear, you will be fine! Rest assured that dentists get a lot of training to be able to place crowns to save teeth, not to make them getting decayed quickly! Your tooth will be carefully prepared and the crown will get cleaned before placing it and placed in a way that no bacteria can come in. Also, during any further checkups, your dentist will make sure to check the crown too. It may be a good idea to let your dentist know about what makes you nervous so that they can explain to you why it can happen. They may also give you some advice about how to take care of the crown.
May I ask you what is it about the wisdom teeth removal that makes you anxious? Do you have to have them out soon?

Back