• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal with a crown or extraction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tracey
  • Start date Start date
T

Tracey

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2019
Messages
54
Location
New York
My dentist said that my cavity is close to my nerve so I would either need a root canal with a new crown or to just get it extracted. Problem is this is my last molar before my wisdom tooth which is impacted so he said I’d also have to get a bone graft and a membrane if I do the extraction. Which is better? And I am a smoker and I hate the fact of long recovery and I it’s very difficult for me to sit in the dentist chair for a long time too as well help
 
Hi Tracey. I’ve had my impacted wisdom tooth extracted and also the 2 molars next to it. Smoker as well.

Sorry couldn’t answer about the bone grafting and membrane. Hopefully someone else on here could explain what the need for that is. I’ve never had that done and have had multiple extractions. So I’m curious about that.

Cost wise I don’t do a root canal and I just get extraction because sometimes root canals fail and end up losing tooth after all that money was spent.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top