• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Rotten Tooth Something rubbery stuck!

G

Gbennett2201

I'm new to the forum, but like a lot of members on here am quite nervous about dental offices, mostly out of embarrassment for how bad my teeth are getting. I've had a completely dead and rotten tooth for over 3 years. I've never had an abscess because I eat on the other side and clean said tooth like crazy. A piece of the tooth finally broke off to the gum the other day and it's getting harder to clean. I noticed that I still had pain after a very thorough cleaning a few days ago and tried multiple items to get whatever was in there out. While using a dental pick I can feel something that feels almost like a rubber band. Whenever I snag this rubbery substance and pull it always alleviates pain, but no matter how much I pull or twist I can never get whatever this rubbery object is to come loose. I honestly am dumbfounded as it's been almost 4 days and I can snag this piece regularly with a pick but It will not come out. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I assumed it was gum, but gum would have came out by now and it is way stronger than any gum I chew. If anyone knows what this could be please let me know because its driving me insane not being able to get it loose and not knowing what it is.

A pulp polyp probably. Have a google and if that's what it looks like...

Please don't be embarrassed about going to get help. I say this on here all the time. Dentists are nearly always "doers" by nature. We don't really care how things got to where they are, we just start trying to work out how to "fix" things.

It's also extremely likely that 1) your dentist will have seen a LOT worse than anything you can turn up with and 2) your teeth probably aren't as bad as you think they are.

Please don't be embarrassed about going to get help. I say this on here all the time. Dentists are nearly always "doers" by nature. We don't really care how things got to where they are, we just start trying to work out how to "fix" things.

It's also extremely likely that 1) your dentist will have seen a LOT worse than anything you can turn up with and 2) your teeth probably aren't as bad as you think they are.

My dentist always tells me this she has seen worst, and I should not be worried she say to me at least you do come to the dentist and my teeth do not look as bad than I think they do.

I totally agree with what Gordon and Thephilsblogbar say completely.

Don't let the fear of embarrassment stop you from getting the help you need. I find that no matter how much I am scared and embarrassed, its never as bad as I think and they will definitely have seen far worse.

That is more than likely exactly what it is. I really appreciate the info, and the fast response!

Yep! You nailed it! I was reading online that they may contain stem cells, which is wild considering my age. I really appreciate the information and fast response!

Back