• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared out of my mind.

S

sheila

I am scheduled to get my upper teeth( 12 left) out on April 29 and immediate dentures put in. I am having this done 2 hours away where my daughter lives and will be spending the night with her the night before and the night of. Plan is this: Go in for the impressions that morning at 7:30 & then leaving for the day and coming back at 3 for the extractions and placement. Then I have to go back the next day for them to see how I am doing and hopefully I can come back to my home and get in my own bed & then go back in a few days for any adjustments. I have been fighting this for a year now. I was told then I needed full dentures. But for now I am only getting the top done. Those are the worse. My top teeth have been breaking off in this year. He pulled 2 top ones earlier and now I have 2 more that have broke off and they are in the front so I have been living without smiling. I am 55. My husband is supportive. My daughter will be my care giver and support person for the first 3 days. My husband has to work and cannot take off 3 days, nor do I want him too. I do not want him to see me during that most difficult time. I have planned the date of this carefully so that I will have my daughter with me. Also I had to schedule it around the least busy time at my job. I am scared to death. This is all I an think of. I am not being sedated, only taking halcion and pain meds and getting numbed. Dentist said I will not need laughing gas. They said to trust them, once the meds kick in , I will be totally relaxed. I am to follow their directions and take the meds at the times they tell me. One being 1 hour before I go in. I have so many fears. I can not list them. Any advice would be great.:cry::scared:

Hi WELCOME :jump::jump::jump: to the forum.

I have put a link here for you to read it is written by a lady that was in your position and she found her way through having her teeth removed and getting her dentures. I hope this helps you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

All the best to you Good luck :clover::clover::clover: Let us know how you get on please.