• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Second tooth from top front tooth feels loose

K

Keesha83

I had my wisdom tooth pulled on April 17th 2021 and I don't know if my teeth have shifted but my second tooth from the front tooth feels like it moves when I push it gently with my tongue from behind the tooth but when I pushed it from the front it doesn't wiggle or move i don't know if its loose or just my imagination because of my dental phobia ? im so scared im 38yrs old I don't wanna loose my front teeth

Hi Keesha83,

if this was the first time you checked your teeth like this, chances are that it's only your first discovery of the fact, that teeth move. They all move slightly when you press against them and it can freak you out if you noticed for the first time. As with all dental worries, if this is bothering you a lot, you could get it checked by a dentist.

All the best wishes

Hi Keesha83,

if this was the first time you checked your teeth like this, chances are that it's only your first discovery of the fact, that teeth move. They all move slightly when you press against them and it can freak you out if you noticed for the first time. As with all dental worries, if this is bothering you a lot, you could get it checked by a dentist.

All the best wishes
Yes this is my first time checking this it freaked me out I thought my tooth was loose my dentist appointment is Monday May 24th thanks for responding to me

Hi,

I doubt whether the extraction had to do with the front tooth. Sometimes we feel a small movement when thrusting the tongue against the tooth but it is still a normal physiological mobility.
If the tooth’s movement is visiable and significant, that sounds like a problem. But if you can only feel it with your tongue, I would wait a bit.

Back