• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

section of molar broke off maybe under gumline

B

bumblebee2

yesterday while eating a bowl of corn flakes, i bit on something hard, fish around for it and found that part of my molar broke off. went to the mirror and saw that it broke all the way to the gumline maybe underneathno bloodn no pain no swelling I want to save this tooth. I would say about 90% of the crown is still left. but i am afraid of what is going to happen can my tooth be saved has anyone ever had this happen to them. i really hope they wont have to remove the whole tooth or have another root canal done i still remembering the last one it wasnt bad at all i just dont want another one right now. please someone answer me how come this does not show up on any post

Last edited:
HI bumblebee2,
Just read your question. If 90% of the tooth remains then this should be easily repairable (with a filling or crown). This assumes that the remaining part of the tooth is your own natural tooth and not made of 90% filling.

You would be best to get your dentist to have a look at this. They can advise you how much tooth is left and give you options to restore the tooth. No point sitting and worrying about what might/might not be possibly going to happen. Speak to your dentist and put your mind at rest.

Hope that helps

David

Last edited:
Back