• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Severe pain

C

Calanne

2017/2018 i ended up with all top and bottom molars out on the right side. Long story but id have one removed then pain would start be put on ab two or three times then pain would be so severe id have next one took out. Had been to dental hospital.. private oral surgeon n pain management private costing me 1000s. Once they were all out pain subsided. That is until March this year. Then pain started on right side in last upper molar and partial erupted impacted wisdom tooth on the bottom. Given ab 10 days later the upper molar extracted. Was a difficult extraction. 5 days later had to have a bone spicule taken out. Another week later more ab as gum was infected and a hard piece of bone was sticking out and extremely painful. 5 weeks on and went to doctors as had pain in my ear and neck and jaw. Said lymph node was swollen suggesting infection and to get to dentist. So back at dentist yesterday as pain unbearable both wisdom tooth and extraction site. Was told a lot of food debris was under flap of gum and infection and the tooth very close to the nerve. Could shave the bone down on extraction site but would be sore and dealing with wisdom tooth best to wait. Today the pain is actually knocking me off my feet. I took two ab yesterday metronidazole and done a full day today. Co codamol and even oramorph have not stopped the pain in wisdom. Iv tried difflam salt water rinses but its relentless in my jaw neck and cheek . I don't know where to turn. Anyone have suggestions of why no pain killers are touching it. I'm also on amytrypline 75mg as 3 years ago they put it down to nerve pain. Many thanks

I’m so terribly sorry to read about the pain you’re in. That sounds absolutely terrible.

The antibiotics were about the only thing that helped me when I had an excruciating toothache from a cracked/infected molar. I also received a 3-day prescription for OxyContin, as Advil, Aleve & Tylenol weren’t even doing a thing for the pain. Like you, I tried the salt water rinses, amongst other things to no avail. I’d say the pain started to subside after my second full day of antibiotics. Is cannabis legal where you are at? I took 10 mg of indica (thc) + 10 mg cbd & that also seemed to help in the evening with sleep and pain. If you’re not working or driving (which I gather you’re not due to pain), this is a good option during the day, too. Beyond that, I’m guessing an emergency dentist might be the other option if your pain is severe and cannot be controlled. Again, I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. I know how absolutely awful it was dealing with one horribly painful tooth & it sounds like you’ve really been put through the ringer.

I’m so terribly sorry to read about the pain you’re in. That sounds absolutely terrible.

The antibiotics were about the only thing that helped me when I had an excruciating toothache from a cracked/infected molar. I also received a 3-day prescription for OxyContin, as Advil, Aleve & Tylenol weren’t even doing a thing for the pain. Like you, I tried the salt water rinses, amongst other things to no avail. I’d say the pain started to subside after my second full day of antibiotics. Is cannabis legal where you are at? I took 10 mg of indica (thc) + 10 mg cbd & that also seemed to help in the evening with sleep and pain. If you’re not working or driving (which I gather you’re not due to pain), this is a good option during the day, too. Beyond that, I’m guessing an emergency dentist might be the other option if your pain is severe and cannot be controlled. Again, I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. I know how absolutely awful it was dealing with one horribly painful tooth & it sounds like you’ve really been put through the ringer.
Thank you. No it's not legal here in UK. Although cbd oil my daughter mentioned to try. I meant to say in my post that the pain has started in left side. I'm just hoping that another day of ab and the pain will subside. All i want is to be pain free its been going on again now for almost 9 weeks. Affecting me mentally too as i feel i can't take anymore. 2017/2018 was bad enough and can't go thru it all again ?

Thank you. No it's not legal here in UK. Although cbd oil my daughter mentioned to try. I meant to say in my post that the pain has started in left side. I'm just hoping that another day of ab and the pain will subside. All i want is to be pain free its been going on again now for almost 9 weeks. Affecting me mentally too as i feel i can't take anymore. 2017/2018 was bad enough and can't go thru it all again ?
I’m so sorry that you’re in so much pain. I really hope you can find some relief very soon. Definitely try the cbd. It helps with pain. It certainly can’t hurt. ❤️

Back