• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I seek legal help?

B

Billiebabes

Junior member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
1
Hello there,
I had three teeth extracted over a week ago. I have always been very resistant to Novacaine. My gums would numb but not my nerves in my teeth. I visited a new dentist and made them aware of my lifelong issue first thing. The young dentist was very annoyed by this and went from being very nice and understanding to very rude and irritable. Here is my issue. Part of my chin and lip are still numb and droop like I had a stroke. It's been nine days. This has never happened to me and I have a full set of upper dentures and went through more then this and everything was back to normal in a few hours? When I went back the next day I let her know about it and she basically made me out like I was lying. Should I be concerned and should I seek legal help? Any professional advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
One of the very rare complications of the type of injections we give is damage to the nerves of the jaw. It's very unlikely that it has to do with what the dentist did or didn't do (even if they weren't very nice to you). It's one of those things that just happens. 90% of the time or so, it resolves all on it's own in about 6-12 months. If you did bring a lawsuit of some sort, you likely wouldn't win as this is accepted as a standard risk of having any type of dental work done.
 
Back
Top