• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Silly food/anesthesia/numbing question

F

fromyesterday

I'm having a deep cleaining done this upcoming monday at 8 am and I'm still not sure if I'd like to get numbed or not. The dentist told me that it typically doesn't hurt and I may not need it, and anytime I don't have to have any medicine is a good thing to me. I was wondering, however, if I DO go for numbing/whatever they do will I need to have food in my system or is that actually not good? Or, is the amount so minimal that it wouldn't matter either way? Thank you in advance and s'cuse the silly quesiton. Feeling bad is one of my worse fears. :redface:

Bit late now, sorry. Unless you're told differently, then it's always better to eat something before treatment under local anaesthetic.

Thanks, Gordon. :) I went without anything and it all went well. Still, your answer helps for when I have to get my small filling, thank you! :)