• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Somebody please help

L

Laura robitaille

I am at the end of my rope .can someone please help me I'm in so much pain it's been going on for weeks and I don't have any answers. My gums below my molars in the bottom of one side of my mouth are killing me. The pain radiates to my ears and head and the pain comes and goes but when it's here it stays for two days straight. Right now it's been thirty six hours and I don't understand what's wrong. THERE IS NO SWElLiNG OR RED ESS PUFFINESS ETCWHATSOEVER AND MY TEETH DONT HURT WHEN TAPPED OR TOUCHED. I am phobic beyond belief of dentists and I still managed to go and he looked at it and said apart from a small cavity in between the molars there was no infection etc. what could be happening to make them hurt like this to the point I want to rip my teeth out. Can't sleep, can't function going out of my mind. I am so stressed and depressed and full of anxiety

I'm new here but have been having teeth traumas - serious ones the past few months. And well - teeth issues since my adult teeth grew in.

I found that I also grind my teeth in my sleep - well I knew it for a while to be fair!

I began taking a supplement called 5-HTP ( a natural serotonin (the chemical in the brain which makes you feel happy) supplement) - unrelated to my teeth issues but I was on mild anti-depressants which I realised made me worse so I wanted off them. I weaned myself off and started on 5-HTP and teeth grinding stopped that first night.
I forgot to take them last weekend two night and on top of the pain I was already in with more recent and urgent other tooth issues the grinding came back. All of my teeth were in pain Monday and Tuesday! Not just the four I had major issues with. It was hellish!

If you are on SSRIs (a type of anti-depressant then you should not take 5-HTP)
But if not, it could be worth a try -

Or have you tried a mouthguard?

I have got myself one - have had some treatment done and want it in case I might need it.

Thank you for replying. I am on Paxil right now..for OCD. I'm glad you were able to find something that has helped. Imjist wish I knew for sure that the pain I have is relayed to the clenching. I have worked myself up to the point that I think the pain has to be an abscess ...even tho I have no concrete reasoning to validate this. My head is my worst enemy

Back