• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

someone please help

P

polyflor1

Hi I am a 41 year old male.over the years I have neglected my teeth very badly and I am now left with just 2 teeth.i have not been to the dentists for years and yes I know some people will say I only have myself to blame and I agree.i have a full time job but I am so embarrassed about my teeth it is starting to rule my life.i am insanely scared of the dentist.could someone tell me the process of having the stumps removed and time scale.please someone help me I am starting to feel depressed as they are so bad.thankyou

Hi I am a 41 year old male.over the years I have neglected my teeth very badly and I am now left with just 2 teeth.i have not been to the dentists for years and yes I know some people will say I only have myself to blame and I agree.i have a full time job but I am so embarrassed about my teeth it is starting to rule my life.i am insanely scared of the dentist.could someone tell me the process of having the stumps removed and time scale.please someone help me I am starting to feel depressed as they are so bad.thankyou

Hi,

The dentist is there to help no need to embarrassed people have different reasons for the way there teeth have gone. It is hard at first but you must find a dentist your comfortable with and prehaps save the other 2 and maybe dentures.

Good Luck.

It's hard not to be embarrassed.i literally have not smiled in public for years.and the thought of having major work done fills me with dread.

Hi there and Welcome.

You have come to the right place, firstly don't panic, you are definitely not on your own; there is no mileage in blaming yourself, it's just a matter of making a plan and finding a dentist that is right for you, you can then both decide on the best course of treatment to suit you and your circumstances.

One thing that's for certain once you have got yourself sorted you will feel great for having done it.

good luck with your journey, please keep us posted :clover::clover:

Hi and welcome.

its natural to be embarrassed and since toy dealt with it for so long going to dentist should be easy since they
wont judge you for it. Try to be rational about you fear, ask your self why are you scared of dentists ?
Key is to find dentist that can understand your fear and show you that there is nothing to fear about.
That is why you need to go and meet that and have a nice talk about everything.

If you have only two left that means all other 30 are extracted ?

Welcome! :) When my dentist printed out my treatment plan it was 3 pages long and racked up to about $11,000 worth of work. But he worked with me to figure out how to do it over 3-4 years so that I can have my insurance help out more. I could get all of the work done in about a year or two if I wanted, but financially I will spread mine out a bit. (You can already see what I've been through since March. I have about 3-4 more appointments this year before I'm done for 2015.)

Yours will probably be able to be done in a much shorter time - probably just extract whatever teeth are left and dentures. I know we have a few members who have gone this route before and have journals so that might be helpful to read what they've gone through.

Find a caring dentist in your area - trust me: they rather help you have a healthy mouth than judge and scold you. Over the last few months I've met about 5-6 different dentists at my local dental office and they have never said anything to judge me or scold me. The worse they have done is one sternly told me "Make sure to floss every day" :giggle:

Back