• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Soo disappointed---please help!!

M

mag777

I had ALL my teeth extracted in 2 visits back in September. Due to having Diabetes and other health issues I had to wait 8-9 weeks before they would start my various appointments to fit me for dentures. So I finally picked them up last Thursday Dec 19th and the top fit perfect but the bottom were way tight so the dentists (shaved?) them down or whatever it is called and I tried 3 times (each time he would do a little more-finally he said; "Mrs. Green- you just need to take these home and work with them, your gums need to adjust to them, put them in every day for a hour or two and let them get accustomed to your mouth" He then rescheduled me to come back Jan 8th to see how I am doing!!!! Yesterday we had our Christmas get together and I tried and tried to put these damn things in--instead I went TOOTHLESS and felt like a total fool-- I am only 47 yo -- I am so tired of how I look and how I feel---- any advice or suggestions I do appreciate-thank you for listening!!:mad:--I also have another concern- as I have not been wearing my dentures I am keeping them in water ( I change the water daily) in my denture container-will leaving them in water harm them in any way?/

Last edited:
I am so sorry that you are having these problems with your dentures. They can be a bit troublesome at first, I do not have dentures but from what I read on here persistence seems to pay off.

I do however think you should find another dentist that may show you more understanding. It is terrible that at this time you are having to face people without teeth.

I am sorry I cannot suggest anything for you to do and hopefully someone that has dentures will come along and offer some help.

I hope you can enjoy your Christmas, I am sure people will just be glad that you are there, teeth or no teeth. I know this doesn't help your confidence and hopefully you will be able to see a dentist that is prepared to work with you and give you the smile and teeth you deserve and should have.

In the meantime keep trying the dentures you have, they may become easier to get in.

All the best to you and a Merry Christmas :xmastree::butterfly: