B
benton101
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2009
- Messages
- 1
Im 17 and have a big phobia of the dentist, much more than the average person.
Everytime I visit every 6 months, I have to end up saying, I will have to book another appointment as I feel too ill with nerves and I can never have any work done!
In the waiting room I feel nervous but still under control. As soon as I open my mouth and he starts poking around, and having a look I feel sooo sick with nerves, just the feeling of something being in my mouth makes me gag and nearly be sick.
Last time i visited he said, I needed to have an x-ray as I had a possible issue with one of my tooth. As soon as he said x-ray, I just freaked out and wanted to run a mile, felt very sick. He then shoved a plate or something in the side of my mouth for the x-ray, I felt so ill with nerves at this point I had to take it out of my mouth and run to the bathroom to be sick!
After this he just said, lets wait 6 months and do it then. But that time is comming around and im getting so nervous as I know I HAVE to have the x-ray no matter what as I cant just keep holding it off.
I cannot pin point my specific fear, its just something being in my mouth. I feel I cannot breath or swallow and I go into panic and feel extreme anxious. Please help...
Thank you..
Everytime I visit every 6 months, I have to end up saying, I will have to book another appointment as I feel too ill with nerves and I can never have any work done!
In the waiting room I feel nervous but still under control. As soon as I open my mouth and he starts poking around, and having a look I feel sooo sick with nerves, just the feeling of something being in my mouth makes me gag and nearly be sick.
Last time i visited he said, I needed to have an x-ray as I had a possible issue with one of my tooth. As soon as he said x-ray, I just freaked out and wanted to run a mile, felt very sick. He then shoved a plate or something in the side of my mouth for the x-ray, I felt so ill with nerves at this point I had to take it out of my mouth and run to the bathroom to be sick!
After this he just said, lets wait 6 months and do it then. But that time is comming around and im getting so nervous as I know I HAVE to have the x-ray no matter what as I cant just keep holding it off. I cannot pin point my specific fear, its just something being in my mouth. I feel I cannot breath or swallow and I go into panic and feel extreme anxious. Please help...
Thank you..