L
LS89
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 28, 2020
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- M9 0PD
I have not been to the dentist in around 9 years.
I have no real excuse, and I have known for a long time I am making a huge mistake.
I never changed dentists when I moved home and then after a couple of years I started developing anxiety about going back.
I have quite crowded teeth and I remember always feeling awful about them whenever I used to go.
I finally registered with a dentist and have an appointment in just under two weeks. I am very anxious and I keep crying whenever I think about it.
I am too embarrassed and ashamed to talk to friends or family about how long I have gone without seeing a dentist, and I live alone.
I have never had a filling before so I don't know what to expect even from that and I am worried I will have to wait weeks more of constant worry after my initial appointment.
The idea of needing something more than filling is really scaring me.
I just don't know how to get through the next two weeks- not that I am in any pain but I can't stand the constant worry.
Thanks to everyone on here who is posting their own stories. It is the only place I have found that has made me feel slightly reassured.
I have no real excuse, and I have known for a long time I am making a huge mistake.
I never changed dentists when I moved home and then after a couple of years I started developing anxiety about going back.
I have quite crowded teeth and I remember always feeling awful about them whenever I used to go.
I finally registered with a dentist and have an appointment in just under two weeks. I am very anxious and I keep crying whenever I think about it.
I am too embarrassed and ashamed to talk to friends or family about how long I have gone without seeing a dentist, and I live alone.
I have never had a filling before so I don't know what to expect even from that and I am worried I will have to wait weeks more of constant worry after my initial appointment.
The idea of needing something more than filling is really scaring me.
I just don't know how to get through the next two weeks- not that I am in any pain but I can't stand the constant worry.
Thanks to everyone on here who is posting their own stories. It is the only place I have found that has made me feel slightly reassured.
to DFC. We are glad you are here on DFC and glad to know our stories and community has helped you feel reassured and you are not alone in your struggle with dental anxieties. We are glad you shared. Avoidance is something so many of us do and it goes along with anxiety.
In the mean time you can always vent on here to us who understand and want to listen and support you..