• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Spot opened up on gum behind extraction and bone exposed!

S

scareddiane

My friend I requested info for last week went in for one extraction and the dentist pulled one on top and one on the bottom. Five days later, a spot behind the bottom extraction opened up and jaw bone is exposed! His dentist didn't return calls left with the answering service and he ended up in the ER. They are who told him it is his jaw bone that is exposed, gave him pain killers and antibiotics. Dentist had not given him antibiotics after the extractions even tho both teeth were badly infected and his lymph nodes have been swollen on that side for almost 2 months before one of the teeth broke off and pain began.

He still has not heard from his dentist and is in horrific pain. The ER said the dentist will shave down the bone and put in stitches. Should he be seeing an oral surgeon instead of the family dentist?

THIN GUMS?

Saw the dentist and said the dentist said "my jawbone has worked it's way through the thin gum on the inside of my mouth and he said all I can do is let it heal."

Last edited:
My friend I requested info for last week went in for one extraction and the dentist pulled one on top and one on the bottom. Five days later, a spot behind the bottom extraction opened up and jaw bone is exposed! His dentist didn't return calls left with the answering service and he ended up in the ER. They are who told him it is his jaw bone that is exposed, gave him pain killers and antibiotics. Dentist had not given him antibiotics after the extractions even tho both teeth were badly infected and his lymph nodes have been swollen on that side for almost 2 months before one of the teeth broke off and pain began.

He still has not heard from his dentist and is in horrific pain. The ER said the dentist will shave down the bone and put in stitches. Should he be seeing an oral surgeon instead of the family dentist?

THIN GUMS?
Saw the dentist and said the dentist said "my jawbone has worked it's way through the thin gum on the inside of my mouth and he said all I can do is let it heal."

put in a complaint about that dentist and find another if you can. this sounds like what i have, i had a back bottom tooth pulled and got dry socket back in october, it is still open now and the dentist couldn't be bothered to do anything and an emergency dentist told me he should have cut the gum,giving me another bloodclot and put some stitches in. i have now got a fantastic dentist who is sending me to the hospital about this and my wisdoms, he said it is bone sticking out and it should be cut out, cleaned and stitched up.

this makes me so angry, some 'dentists' should be struck off.

I'll let my friend know~
Wow, he also told me that up top, where he pulled the 2nd tooth, there was a piece of root and the dentist broke thru the clot, took out the piece of root and sewed it shut.

I asked my friend about his gums and he said they bleed EVERY time he brushes and he's had four teeth pulled by this guy and never had a cleaning by this guy!

Back