• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still feel pain and discomfort days after fillings

R

Rengenano

I had to go in for fillings last Thursday, December first.
There was a lot of issues during the fillings. For instance, the dentist numbed the right side of my mouth (which I had trouble breathing because my throat was too numb, and I also hadn't had my heart murmur dentist pills because they never filled them), but began drilling the LEFT side.
After he was mostly done, and I had been panicking the entire time, I mentioned that he was drilling the side that wasnt numb and I was confused, and he was completely dumbfounded. Had absolutely no idea. Then proceeded to drill the right side because it was already numb.
I know two of the bottom cavities were kind of deep, so I expected some pain and everything.
But he drilled the wrong side, that they weren't supposed to drill that day.
Then, after drilling the cavities, he went over every single one of my bottom molars with the filler stuff, for absolutely no reason because there were no cavities in them. Just creating more pain and confusion.
So obviously I'm already extremely upset.
The pain and bleeding (yes I bled quite a bit, my meds are supposed to help with that too.) Made it so I had to miss work because my normal pain meds didn't work.
It's been four days since then, and I still have EXTREME discomfort and there is definitely still pain, especially when I eat, and meds don't work.

Why is there still pain?? Is there a chance he made something worse??

I'm not a dentist, so treat it as such.

But its common for there to be some discomfort and pain after fillings.

If you're still feeling extreme discomfort and / or pain that isn't getting better, its possible you may have a filling that's too high which can cause discomfort and pain when chewing.

As for filling your other teeth, are you sure there weren't cavities on them? It's also possible they may of been filling them for another reason, such as maybe replacing old fillings or some other reason.

I'd suggest calling your dentist office and explaining to them your discomfort and pain. They would be able to tell you if its normal or not, and if its not normal they can always have you come in to take a look.

But if you don't trust them you could find a new dentist to visit and explain your situation to them to have them check out the work they did

I'm not a dentist, so treat it as such.

But its common for there to be some discomfort and pain after fillings.

If you're still feeling extreme discomfort and / or pain that isn't getting better, its possible you may have a filling that's too high which can cause discomfort and pain when chewing.

As for filling your other teeth, are you sure there weren't cavities on them? It's also possible they may of been filling them for another reason, such as maybe replacing old fillings or some other reason.

I'd suggest calling your dentist office and explaining to them your discomfort and pain. They would be able to tell you if its normal or not, and if its not normal they can always have you come in to take a look.

But if you don't trust them you could find a new dentist to visit and explain your situation to them to have them check out the work they did

This dentist is known for doing things that aren't necessary. He pulled out almost half of someones teeth when they could have simply been filled, and there were no cavities on my other teeth, let alone every single molar

This dentist is known for doing things that aren't necessary. He pulled out almost half of someones teeth when they could have simply been filled, and there were no cavities on my other teeth, let alone every single molar

If you think they're doing unnecessary or shoddy work I'd strongly suggest going to a different dentist if at all possible.

You can look up dentist reviews online with Yelp to see what others have to say about any new ones you might look at

No one here can 100% diagnose for certain what is causing your discomfort or pain over the internet so I'd suggest getting a check up from a new dentist just to be safe if your pain and discomfort is bad. It could just be the dental work causing some agitation/pain which may heal and go away with time, you might have a filling that's too high or it could be something else.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Sometimes the gums and teeth can be a little bit tender/sensitive because someone has worked on them. If the filling is a little high and you feel like it is catching this first then it can do with being filed down until even

Back