• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still numb?

A

aeisenmayer

Hi everybody, I had one of my molars extracted today. It had a root canal on it and was abscessed. It was number 18. The extraction went just fine. I had the ligament cleaned out and ozone with PRF and bone graft. The membrane was sutured in. So I did okay during the extraction but since I’ve been home I’ve been having awful anxiety. I’m so afraid of dislodging the blood clot that I don’t feel like I can swallow normal or go to sleep. I clench my teeth at night and I’m afraid it’ll cause some pressure/pulling on the site. I just noticed that the whole right side of my face from my forehead to my cheek is feeling like it’s still kinda numb. I can feel myself touching my skin just fine but it feels kinda tingly and numb still. Idk how it can be both but now I’m terrified of nerve damage. My teeth on the right side also feel numb/swollen still. My neck feels tight too. Any advice or reassurance would be great cause I don’t know how I’m ever going to sleep again and that’s just making my anxiety worse!
Thank you!

How long has it been since you had the local injection? If it's more than 6 hrs phone your dentist and check with them.

How long has it been since you had the local injection? If it's more than 6 hrs phone your dentist and check with them.
I had it almost 24 hrs ago. I m reading that nerve damage is pretty common and is usually not permanent. I’m gonna check in with the dentist just in case but hopefully it’ll go away at some point

Back