• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still scared... but big thanks to all here

claaayaaa

claaayaaa

My name is Claudia and I'm a 47 y/o woman living in So Cal. I have been terrified of the dentist for a very long time. I had so many bad experiences with horrible bedside manner and the worst experience being temporary facial paralysis at the hands of a horrible dentist. I was dealt a crappy genetic hand as well (as far as teeth are concerned). I was under the impression (because of numerous extractions over the years) that full dentures were in my immediate future. Fortunately, I have been blessed with a very patient dentist ... now. Here's the plan...9/18 I am having 6 more teeth extracted and they will be replaced with immediate partials, upper and lower. It has taken me so long to wrap my head around this whole idea. I want to thank everyone that has shared their personal stories here. I can't tell you how much comfort it has brought me. I still have so much anxiety with the up-coming events. I will be having general anesthesia and that terrifies me. Once again.. thank you to all of the brave souls here who put their fears out here so that others may gain comfort from it.

Hi Claudia, welcome!

So glad to hear people's stories on here helped you :) Stick around, there are folks here who have been through the same treatment and can support you through it.

So glad to hear you've found a good dentist too! It's such a relief when you finally find a good 'un and everything changes, isn't it?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I agree with all that Tink has said, nice to see you here. Good luck for your upcoming appointments :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::butterfly:

Welcome! You are amongst friends and no one will judge you here.

I agree, the fear is very real and often others just don't understand. Your story sounds very similar to mine and I'm happy to say that the support I received in the beginning helped me to go from avoiding the dentist for almost twenty years to going every six months faithfully. I had my first two appts. with general anesthesia and I can honestly say it was easy. Please feel free to ask me any questions either here or by pm.

Congratulations on joining here, I'm sure you'll find it comforting as you go through your dental journey. You can do this and I look forward to your posts in the success story section. :)

Wishing you you all the best!

Takingflight

Back