• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Successful Wisdoms extraction

M

MW

Hi all,
I just wanted to write to tell you how much help this site was in mentally preparing myself to have my four wisdom teeth removed 4 hours ago. Thanks guys! Also, for people who are scared of the whole thing, don't be. I was shaking a bit before the operation, and was quite apprehensive about the whole thing. But a few seconds after the IV needle went in, I was waking up in the recovery room trying to work out what was going on, with no pain at all. So it really is that good! Recovery afterwards isn't that great, I've taken some painkillers and can still barely feel anything, although that's probably also thanks to the local anesthetic which hasn't worn off yet. You do feel really woozy though, so I intend to take it easy this week (I'm on school holidays right now).

So thanks for your help guys, and if you're scared of the operation because you haven't gone through it yet then don't worry, I was too but the operation itself was less scary than having a tetanus shot or something! :)

Hi all,
I just wanted to write to tell you how much help this site was in mentally preparing myself to have my four wisdom teeth removed 4 hours ago. Thanks guys! Also, for people who are scared of the whole thing, don't be. I was shaking a bit before the operation, and was quite apprehensive about the whole thing. But a few seconds after the IV needle went in, I was waking up in the recovery room trying to work out what was going on, with no pain at all. So it really is that good! Recovery afterwards isn't that great, I've taken some painkillers and can still barely feel anything, although that's probably also thanks to the local anesthetic which hasn't worn off yet. You do feel really woozy though, so I intend to take it easy this week (I'm on school holidays right now).

So thanks for your help guys, and if you're scared of the operation because you haven't gone through it yet then don't worry, I was too but the operation itself was less scary than having a tetanus shot or something! :)

Congrats and well done!!

:respect::respect:

Back