• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temp crowns/bridge is a tough road

T

tootsie

THis week I had one front tooth pulled and 8 front teeth in total prepared for my bridge/crown/veneer work. Right now I have temp teeth before the finals come in from the lab. I am sure others here maybe have had similar treatments. (all front teeth bad/decay/etc but only needed 1 extraction)

Its such a hard road isn't it! I don't feel pain but its almost somewhat unnerving or scary having the temp teeth. They are a little uncomfortable, almost feel like braces did. Yesterday they broke so I had to go back to the dentist where they again numbed me and fixed them up.

I have dealt with a lot of my dental fears but this process is really a long one as a lot of my "fear" and anxiety now is because I know my teeth are now mostly gone and these temps are just sitting there. Hard to explain but maybe someone else had similar uncomfortable feelings while in their temps.

Yeah temps never feel that great in my experience.

Back